Pee Dee Land Trust Blackwell Ervin Endowment (2013)
Pee Dee Land Trust Blackwell Ervin Endowment was established with funds distributed by Anne and Dan Ervin from the Blackwell Ervin Family Fund. This endowed Designated Fund will be invested and managed by ECCF to provide Pee Dee Land Trust with a permanent source of unrestricted funding for its land conservation and educational programs.
Anne and Dan Ervin have been instrumental in supporting both the Community Foundation and the Land Trust, two community-based organizations, which share the same historic building at 154 W. Evans Street in downtown Florence. The Ervins purchased the building in 2010 and completed a full restoration of the property with a goal of helping to usher in the revitalization of the downtown business district. The building, built about 1884, has been home to a meat market, a dry goods store, a theater, a motor company, and most recently The Jewel Shop. Today, it is home to these two non-profit organizations both focused on increasing the quality of life for residents of the Pee Dee region.
By working together, the Pee Dee Land Trust and the Eastern Carolina Community Foundation have the opportunity to combine community-minded philanthropy with innovative land conservation projects that meet the needs of landowners and residents across the Pee Dee region.